Re: GTK drawing area cannot get keyboard events

        g_signal_connect ( da, "focus_event", ....

I change this to a pair of connects to
        "focus_in_event" and "focus_out_event"

and Voila! I am getting keyboard events (not focus events
mind you, but I am OK with not getting those at this point).

My previous high level questions about overall strategy
in using the gtk drawing area for this project, as well
as where to find the best documentation still stand.
It would seem that the best resource is the GTK+ website
at www.gtk.org .....

Thanks to you all for your help and patience.

        Tom

--
Tom Trebisky
MMT Observatory