Images in database

Hi,

I'm building an application which handles, let's say... "people's information". This information is stored using sqlite which until now consisted only in human-readable data (text/integers/dates). But... now I need to handle images (GdkPixbufs) and I don't know how to store it, is perfectly safe using sqlite to store this GdkPixbufs too?

Now, a GTK question :P, I wan't to provide functionality to resize the images to fit the actual size of it's container visible area, how do I know the size of this area? The image is packed inside a GtkPaned.

Thanks in advance, Matias.