Re: GtkTreeModelFilter and GtkTreeSortable

Kristian Rietveld escribió:
See the API documentation here:

  http://pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gtktreemodelsort.html

To the constructor of gtk.TreeModelSort you want to pass in self.filter
as child model.  Then set the resulting "sort model" as model to show in
the tree view.

regards,

-kris.

You want to wrap the GtkTreeModelFilter you create here in a
Hi again,

I did what you told me, it worked, but I have a few questions:

- I have to create a new GtkTreeModelSort everytime the child model is modified? or it gets resorted automatically? Example:

   fiter = self.sortedModel.convert_iter_to_child_iter (None, siter)
   miter = self.filter.convert_iter_to_child_iter (fiter)
   self.model.remove (miter)

   self.filter.refilter ()

   self.sortedModel = gtk.TreeModelSort (self.filter)
self.sortedModel.set_sort_func (gui.patientsmodel.PATIENT_OBJECT_COLUMN, gui.patientsmodel.patient_sort_func) self.sortedModel.set_sort_column_id (gui.patientsmodel.PATIENT_OBJECT_COLUMN, gtk.SORT_ASCENDING) tv.set_model (self.sortedModel)

- About efficiency, everytime I set's the sortedModel to the GtkTreeView it takes a few seconds (like 2 secs) to display it. It takes about the same with both ways, recreating the sortedModel again and ... well... not recreating it (but I don't know if I can do this). There's about 2.000 rows in the model, is this normal? Suggestions?

thanks, Matias.