Re: How to draw a UYVY Image

Am Mittwoch, den 03.10.2007, 17:32 +0200 schrieb Evans Magaoga:
I am capturing video frames using the using video for Linux function.

Is possible to display a frame (Image) in UYVY format on the screen directly using GTK.

I am display RGB frame fine. I would like to know if I can display UYVY grames without converting it into
RGB

Kind regards
Evans Mpereke Magaoga

Software Engineer
DPSS EW
Tel : +27 12 841 2967
Cell: +27 82 492 3034
e-mail: EMagaoga csir co za

You would want to use GStreamer for this; it's the gtk of audio/video
processing.  GStreamer can read video data using video4linux directly.
It can convert between almost any color spaces and it can render into
GTK applications, optionally using an XVideo overlay (which are hardware
accelerated and mostly support YUV color spaces directly).

The beauty of GStreamer is that your application doesn't have to care
about the details.  Depending on the capture hardware (for the
video4linux end) and the graphics card (on the rendering end), many
different combinations of formats are possible.  The color space
converter of GStreamer can mediate between these two ends in a
transparent way, which makes writing such applications very simple once
you get the hang of it.

For more information, see: http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/

There is lots of documentation and example code, as well as an active
and helpful mailing list and IRC channel.

--
Regards,
  Renà Stadler