Re: GnomeVFS, gvfs, and FUSE

4 okt 2007 kl. 01.00 skrev Micah Carrick:

Hi Micah,

I have been reading that GnomeVFS should be avoided in the future. I
have a GNOME application which works on text files opened locally or
remotely via FTP and SSH using GnomeVFS.

Should I move towards other options, such as FUSE? Is GVFS going to be
the "next" GnomeVFS?

GnomeVFS is planned to be replaced by GVFS but it's going to take a while so unless you want to beta test the GVFS implementation I suggest you stick with GnomeVFS for the while being. You should be able to port over to the new VFS fairly easy when it is released.

Cheers,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com