Re: write a media player using gtk+

Hi,

On Nov 30, 2007 3:45 AM, Bin Chen <binary chen gmail com> wrote:

I want to write a media(video) player using gtk+, I take a look at
several existing project, they all use XWindow API to display decoded
image.

Not that I am by any means any expert on media, but wouldn't gstreamer solve
a lot of the problems for you ? That way you could just build a GUI around
gstreamer.  In any case, this sounds like a much more unifying way of doing
it.

However, if the point of the exercise is to learn by doing everything
yourself, you're on your own :)

--
Kenneth Østby <kenneth ostby gmail com>
http://langly.org