Re: Insert gap in text buffer by using a tag

2007/11/22, Miroslav Rajcic <rajcic sokrates hr>:

I am having a text like "0bullet" inside of GtkTextView, where the first
character is a bullet sign and the rest is the ordinary text
I need to be able to format this text to insert some space gap between the
bullet and the rest (should look like this: "0   bullet")

Hello,

I don't know the answer but I'm interested in it ! I'm actually thinking to
re-write
a new GtkHex widget (To avoid numerous limitations of the actual GtkHex
Widget) and I was planning to use a GtkTextView (to take its advantages -
text marks and tags) but the hex data is usually represented by groups of 2
characters : "DE 05 F4 FF D9". So it would be useful if there is a way to do
those gaps between characters (without having an additional space or a tab
character).

Thanks to any ideas,

Olivier.