Re: How to get stuff out of a GValue?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:11:17 +0100
BenoÃt Dejean <benoit placenet org> wrote:

- GValue left_attach;
+ GValue left_attach = { 0, };
+
+ g_value_init (&left_attach);
+

I always though that this requirement was error prone. You just get
to initialize your GValue twice to make it OK. A lot of beginners
hit this error. The doc says "A zero-filled (uninitialized) GValue
structure." which looks like an oxymoron :)

Yeah, the GValue stuff is something one really needs to dig first.

Although I've found out the hard way that in this case I didn't need a GValue in the first place. I was
mislead by a mistake in the docs (will make a separate post about that).

Thanks,
--D.