Re: GdkImage from GdkPixbuf

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 11:04:53AM -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
I've been beating my head against the tree for this one
for the last 2 days... so, is there some code out there
that will gdk_pixbuf_render_image() ?

I actually dont even want compositing, something like:
   memcpy (image->mem, pixbuf->pixels, image->bpl * image->height)

would do fine (minus the alpha channel)... but I can see its going
to be a little more complex (taking byte order into account, image
depths etc).

If I have to end up writing this myself, are there any interesting
bits of lowlevel gdk that will help me ?

You can draw GdkPxibuf on a GdkDrawable (i.e. GdkPixmap)
with gdk_draw_pixbuf() and get the contents of the
GdkDrawable to a GdkImage with gdk_drawable_get_image() or
gdk_drawable_copy_to_image().  On full Moon if it's even
Tuesday.  And it goes through the X server.  Actually
I think if you use GdkImage you deserve it...

There are some useful bits in GdkRGB, but more in its source
code than its API.  And by bits I mean almost complete
gdkrgb.c including the dithering matrices.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/