Re: Fake pushing a GTK+ button

gtk_button_clicked() emits the clicked signal on a button.

However, unless it is unavoidable, I would submit that thinking about
related actions in terms of the buttons to which they're connected is
seldom useful.  You have an action, "refresh directory listing."  It
is invoked by the refresh button.  Could you not just make a change
of directory also invoke this action?

Granted, there may be situations where this isn't practical.  But if
you can think in this way, I think it will lead to a better program structure.

I'm trying mostly to just get back in the books. It's been a few years since
I've been inside C and I'm doing the 1) make it work THEN 2) make it pretty
theory until I can start thinking on my own.