Re: Bypassing Force Quit

On Wed, 16 May 2007 14:19:19 -0400 Dan Gruhn wrote:

Greetings,

I am running on FedoraCore5 and I have an application that when the
user clicks the "X" in the upper right wants to query for saving any
changed data.  I have currently coded this as a signal handler for the
delete event which puts up a modal dialog box with the questions and
waits for the user's response.  However, after some internal timeout,
I get another dialog box warning me that the window titled "..." is
not responding and do I want to force it to quit, losing all of my
data.

I would like to disable this if possible, but I've not yet found a
way. Is this caused by GTK?  Has anyone encountered this and have you
found a way around it?

This is caused by the window manager, not gtk.  It thinks the
application isn't responding because it takes too long to return from
the delete-event handler.  You should probably return from the handler
and open a dialog box via an idle function or something like that.

        -brian