Re: serial ports

On Monday 14 May 2007 20:49, Pavel A. da Mek wrote:
When I want to use serial ports, shall I write separate code for Windows
and for Linux, or is there some library function which would allow to do it
in the platform  independent way?

I hit the same problem in 2004, and I wrote an abstraction layer and 2
different implementations. Basically, I implemented open(), close(), read()
and write() using termios.h in linux and the Windows API (CreateFile(),
ReadFile(), WriteFile() ...) in windows. read() and write() are implemented
in a blocking way, because I'm used to put all the dialing stuff in a
separate thread.

If you want, I can send you the relevant code: be carefull, it is a beautiful
example of bad C C++ mixing.

-- Nicola