Re: [SPAM] Portable network layer

Jonathan Winterflood wrote:
I'd like to keep the dependencies to a strict minimum (preferably
bundle-able vs installable), free, and I only need basic functionality
If you want to avoid new dependencies you can use the sockets directly, the differences between winsock and the standard bsd sockets are mostly in the error management and can be solved with a few #defines and a call to WSAStartup() at the beginning of the program.

Please consider that you can also run the socket code in your main thread attaching the socket signal to the gtk main loop via gio channels.

If you want an higher level api you can try:

http://www.gnetlibrary.org/

---
Bye,
Gabry