Re: Can A Drawable Canvas Receive Key Events?

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Did you add the events to the event mask before the widget was
realized ?

Does the widget in question have keyboard focus at the time
you want to recieve the keyboard events ?

Is the widget in question marked to be focus-capable ?
(i.e. the can-focus bit/property)

This last item did the trick. I set the can-focus property and the GtkDrawingArea now registers key presses and releases. Thanks.

Now that it works in the contrived standalone app, I need to figure out how to get key events in an XEmbed'ed application. I apply the same can-focus property change but I'm afraid I might be fighting with the hosting app for the key events.

--
        -Mike Melanson