GtkWidget CList problem.

Him

I am having a small problem with the CList widget, i'm sure that
someone/anyone who has used the widget in the past has run into it..

more or less after i call gtk_clist_append()  the elements in the clist are
not updated until i click on one of the lables,
i've tried quite a few methods of resolving this on my own, such as calling
gtk_widget_draw() after appending to the list and it seems to have no effect.

can someone on this list provide me some insight into the problem?

-anthony