   * From: David Ne as (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz>
   * To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
* Subject: Re: Not disabling menu item accelerator when hiding menu bar, ...
   * Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:31:08 +0100

----------

> I'm looking for the most convenient way to keep menu item accelerator
> functioning when the application has to hide the menu bar from view. Any
> suggestion?

An example demonstrating the kluge I have been using is
enclosed.

Yeti

--
Whatever.

<snip...>

At 03:13 PM 2/27/2007, Daniel Yek wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for the most convenient way to keep menu item accelerator functioning when the application has to hide the menu bar from view. Any suggestion?

What is GTK_ACCEL_LOCKED? Does it help making an accelerator remains in a window's accel_group when the corresponding menu item and menu bar are hidden? (I didn't find it working for this purpose.)

How can I dump an accel_group for myself to scrutinize?

I have working accelerators in the menu; how come when I call gtk_accel_map_save("file.txt"), I get no entry in file.txt?

What is this accel_map about? Is it a way to for an application to save user-modifiable accelerator settings (like that provided by The Gimp?)

How does accel_map interact with accelerators defined in the menu?

Many thanks for the answer to my questions.

--
Daniel Yek