Re: Gtk Focus chain

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 19:32 +0530, Madhusudan E wrote:
Hi;

    I want to know how the focus-chain gets created in GTK. Please telll
what APIs are called, and how the calculation is done to determine a logical
focus-chain.

Hi, you can use this api to setup a focus chain on a container:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkContainer.html#gtk-container-set-focus-chain

The calculation of the focus chain by default is implementation
specific - i.e. a GtkNotebook may setup its focus in a different
manner than a GtkTable.

Also, please tell that if I want to create a focus-chain based on the
physical locations of the widgets in GTK, then what kind of calculation is
required to do that???

You would want to calculate widget coordinates relative to the container
widget you are setting the focus chain on.

It strikes me as odd that the default focus chain is not good enough
for you - are you experiencing some kind of glitch ?

Cheers,
                    -Tristan