Re: Designing objects with GObject

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 13:40 +0200, Tomasz Jankowski wrote:
You can do this, as you control set_property().  The problem
is that this is a hack invisible to inspection, therefore it
can lead to all sorts of odd behaviour.

So it's exactly as I thought. I'll implement those properties separately for
both objects. I don't want to make any surprises to my code.

I remember being told this in #gtk+ irc in the last month;
If you want to override the default value or read/write flags
on a property you can simply re-install it in the subclass.

Basically, your implementing class can g_object_class_install_property
and if its the same name it will replace whatever properties were
installed by parent classes or interfaces.

Cheers,
                -Tristan