bg_pixmap problem

hi,
i am setting bg_pixmap style property of GtkMenuItem to get different images
loaded for every states(like PRELIGHT,SELECTED).I have 5 GtkMenuItem in my
menubar.For the first two menuitems bg_pixmap is showing properly,but for
3rd one onwards bg_pixmap is getting distorted(the left portion of bg_pixmap
is coming at the right end and vice-versa ).Could anyone tell me why this
problem is happening for the menuitems of a menubar?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
chandra shekhar sengupta