Re: drag-data-received signal not being emitted

Chris Morrison wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to write a GTK/GNOME application. It has a main window with
GtkTreeView control on to which you can drag and drop files from
Nautilus.

The code I have used to set up the widgets is:

<snip>

However, although the drag_drop signal is being received OK the
drag_data_received signal is not being emitted at all. I have scoured
the GTK documentation and Google but can find nothing on this.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

I'm also trying to make drag-and-drop work in a tree and not finding
much in the docs. The best docs I've found so far are for the Python
bindings. Try:

<http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2tutorial/sec-TreeViewDragAndDrop.html>
<http://faq.pygtk.org/index.py?req=show&file=faq13.033.htp>
<http://faq.pygtk.org/index.py?req=show&file=faq13.034.htp>

In particular, I believe you will also need to call
gtk_tree_view_enable_model_drag_dest and/or
gtk_tree_view_enable_model_drag_dest on the tree_view.

That said, I haven't managed to make it all work yet, so I'd be very
interested to see any working code - in my case for a tree rather than a
list.

Cheers, Dave

Regards,

Chris