Re: g_spawn_async_with_pipes and WIN32

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 18:54 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
Alan M. Evans writes:
 > This is being compiled with VC6, and does depend (indirectly) on
 > msvcrt.dll.

OK, good.

 Are you saying that my method should work in this circumstance?

In principle, yes. In practice, if it doesn't, file a bug report at
bugzilla.gnome.org and include a complete but minimal sample program
source code as an attachment.

I created the minimal sample program, and it works! The working example
is virtually copy/pasted out of the non-working code.

So, the working example looks like this:

    int main() {
        g_spawn_async_with_pipes();
        WaitForSingleObject();
        _read();
        _close();
    }

And the non-working one looks like:

    DLL:

        __declspec( dllexport ) int func() {
            g_spawn_async_with_pipes();
            WaitForSingleObject();
            _read();
            _close();
        }

    Program:

        #include "DLL.h"
        int main() {
            myfunc();
        }

The interesting part of func() in the non-working version looks exactly
like the corresponding part of main in the working version. I've
compared them side-by-side. (They should look the same -- one was
copy/pasted from the other.) Does this scenario provide any hint about
whats going wrong?

This is very frustrating. Stuff like this makes me want to give up on
this programming stuff and go do something easy, like particle physics.