Re: Which widget to use for creating a list

On 6/20/07, Prateek Mathur lntinfotech com
<Prateek Mathur lntinfotech com> wrote:
Hi,
        i m new to GTK+
i am working on GTK+ with directfb on embedded platform.
i want to have a list of say 4-5 items which can be selected by the
direction keys..so that the selection moves to next one as u press the
down key or moves up with the up key...

I guess i need selectable text here..but i m not able to determine how to
implement this in GTK..
Plz help me out n suggest the widget structure.
Thanks in advance.

I would use a GtkTreeView widget along with a GktListStore data model.

Regards,

Vivien