Window resizing

Hi all...

I need a hand. In a program I have a small toolbar separate from the main
window. The toolbar is a GtkToolbar inside a GtkWindow. The problem is
that I cannot seem to make the GtkWindow resize to adjust to the toolbar
size (I want to switch vertical/horizontal). Also, I need to adjust to
other glyph sizes.

I tried to obtain the toolbar's size, but get the actual size, not the
one I need to show the toolbar completely.

It seems as if the toolbar doesn't have any influence on the window's
size...

Can anybody help?

John