Re: Not show selection of a tree view column

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 15:06 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:
Peter Clifton wrote:
I think a brand new widget might be needed - one which has a more
"table" like rendering model.

I presume a GtkTable isn't table-like enough :)

GtkTable is a container for widgets, and (as far as I know) doesn't
support cell renderers, nor a model based backend.

I think what both use-cases want is a GtkTreeView which supports certain
cells spanning multiple columns or rows. Obviously this doesn't fit well
into the existing MVC + API.

Thanks for the thought though. Another thing I briefly considered was
GtkSheet, but its a bit too spread-sheet like, and again IIRC, doesn't
support standard GtkCellRenderers which would be a big plus.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,