How to embed video stream over a GTK window

Hi,
        I am comparitively new to GTK.
I am working on a multimedia over IP GTK application (over directfb). I
have my GUI using GTK and we have a stream of video.
We have a player which displays the video through frame buffer.
I want to show this video stream  or call this player over a fixed area of
my GTK Window.
the question is How can i do this ? How can i embed this stream into my
window. i was looking at some GtKSocket and GtkPlug combination but dont
know will it be useful to me or not.

Plz help me find a solution n let me know if u need any further
clarification from my side.

Regards,
Prateek Mathur