Re: Fonts problem

Matthew Jiang wrote:
Hi,

When I ran GTK demo application on my ARM board, I got this error message
and the application crashed:

(buttons:159): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically
loaded modules were found. Pango will not work correctly.
This probably means there was an error in the creation of:
  '/Gtk_dk/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You should create this file by running pango-querymodules.
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org

I tried to copy some fonts (like /usr/share/fonts/bitstream-vera) from my
linux
host to my target. It works with crash. However, the characters do not
display correctly.

Could anybody tell me how to solve this problem?

Thank you,

Matthew

I had a similar problem, albeit in a more prosaic environment:
WindowsXP. The catch is that I wanted to install the minimum GTK+ and I
wanted to do it from my own installer, I didn't want the end user to
have to install GTK+. You probably didn't run the GTK+ installer either?
I found out that I could make it behave if I created:
/program-root-+->etc-+->fonts
              |      +->pango-+->pango.aliases
              |               +->pango.modules
              +->lib->pango->1.5.0->modules-+->pango-basic-fc.dll
                                            +->pango-basic-win32.dll
Of course, YMMV and I had the advantage of being able to install in
other computer and then just copy the same files over to the installer.

This might be a no-no if the system already has GTK+ installed, I just
happen to know that they didn't have it and that they were unlikely to
want to go through two installers to get my program running.

Hope it helps