Re: Reducing GTK+ footprint

richa soc-soft com writes:
Can any one tell me or give me some links to know how I can reduce the
footprint of GTK.

Do you mean disk space? Or memory space? On what platform? On most
modern platforms with virtual memory, presumably only those parts of
GTK+ that your code actually uses get paged in.

Anyway, how hard can it be to experiment? Drop stuff you don't want
from the gtk Makefile(.am), try to build gtk+, and see what further
(small?) changes are needed to successfully produce a leaner gtk+
shared library. If you do this and distribute your resulting binaries,
make sure to use a different name for your shared libraries to avoid
confusion!

--tml