How does one set background color for entire line in textview?

Hello,

I have a function that takes the output of a spawned process and
displays that in a text buffer (part of a notebook widget).  When the
spawned process is finished, I'd like to put some colorized text at the
bottom of the text buffer/view that alerts the user that the process is
done.

What I want is the entire line to have a background color of blue.  The
code that I have so far just displays the blue background under the
text.

How do I make the entire line blue?

switch (status) {
        case G_IO_STATUS_NORMAL:
                return TRUE;
        default:
                /* Use a tag to make the DONE notification noticeable */
                tag = gtk_text_buffer_create_tag (
                        buffer, "done_notification",
                        "foreground", "white",
                        "background", "blue",
                        "justification", GTK_JUSTIFY_CENTER,
                        "background-full-height", TRUE,
                        NULL);
                start_byte = gtk_text_buffer_get_char_count(buffer);
                gtk_text_buffer_insert(buffer, &iter,
                        "\n----------\nDONE\n----------\n", -1);
                end_byte = gtk_text_buffer_get_char_count(buffer);
                gtk_text_buffer_get_iter_at_offset (buffer,
                        &start, start_byte);
                gtk_text_buffer_get_iter_at_offset (buffer,
                        &end, end_byte);
                gtk_text_buffer_apply_tag (buffer, tag, &start, &end);
                end_mark = gtk_text_buffer_create_mark(
                        buffer, "end_mark", &end, FALSE);
                gtk_text_view_scroll_to_mark(textview, end_mark,
                        0.0, FALSE, 0.0, 0.0);
                return FALSE;
}

-- Tony