Re: cannot set tooltips over a picker widget?

On 1/14/07, Francesco Montorsi <f18m_cpp217828 yahoo it> wrote:
GTK+ 2.10.3

Hi,
    I'm trying to set a tooltip on a GtkFileChooserButton widget without
success... maybe it's simply not possible?

I've done a minimal change to the attached pickers.c file of the
"gtk-demo" app in order to show it... just drop it over your original
one and recompile the gtk-demo: I can't see any tooltip...

I know that glade doesn't let you set tooltips for many different
controls (such as a GtkComboBoxEntry -- is this a bug?). My fix is to
put the combobox inside an event box and assign the event box a
tooltip.

-Jim

PS, sorry the mail didn't get sent to the mailing list last time. I
think the mailing list should set a "Reply-To" header pointing to
itself. Replying to the sender, rather than the list seems like too
common a mistake.