Re: using GtkPlot from Gtk+Extra without canvas

Tristan Van Berkom a Ãcrit :
On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 15:27 +0100, FranÃois Galea wrote:
hi,
[...]
The results are a bunch of messages of the form :

(plot2:3556): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (widget) || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed

Hi,
   those assertions mean that the widget you are trying to realize
is not anchored - that means that its not inside a toplevel widget.

by looking at your code, looks like you never add the gtk-plot
widget to your hierarchy.

Hi Tristan,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Adding the GktPlot to the hierarchy doesn't help much. It just suppresses the error messages, but doesn't display anything either.

In fact, I just would like to be able to draw a plot in a drawable widget, such as a drawing area. It seems the GtkPlot is not drawable by itself (eg. creating a pixmap using plot->window as a reference GdkDrawable displays a Gdk error message), thus the idea of using a GtkDrawingArea. Maybe I am wrong, please correct me if so.

What I need actually is just a simple example program for plotting data in a window, in a simpler way than when using a GtkCanvas.

Thanks

--
FranÃois Galea