From: Micah Carrick [mailto:email micahcarrick com]
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 12:57 PM
To: Russell Markus
Subject: Re: Anyone know how to use a larger font for an entire application
using Glade?

I believe the idea is to allow the user to specify font size rather than
the application. Part of Desktop GUI development is allowing your
program to fit the customer's needs (ie 10 years ago I preferred tiny
little fonts, and now that I'm going blind they get progressively larger).

Font sizes are specified in 'System' -> 'Preferences' -> 'Fonts' under
GNOME in FC6.

If you really want to specify your own font, you may want to use an rc
file: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/gtk-Resource-Files.html

Russell Markus wrote:
I have developed an application using Glade-2 on Fedora Core 6.  I have
had
a request to make all of the text larger.  Is there an easy way to use a
larger font for the entire application or do I have to use the markup
settings for each widget individually?

Thanks for any information.

Russell Markus
Sr. Software Engineer