Re: A few drawing questions

Mark A. Nicolosi wrote:
Hi, I'm working on a game and I was wondering what would be best to use for
drawing? I'm having a hard time figuring out how all the different drawing
APIs fit together. As far as I can tell there is GDK, Cairo, GnomeCanvas
(dead?), and other things like GooCanvas. Everything get's drawn to a gdk
window in a drawing area, right?

I think if you what to do it with GTK alone, Cairo is the way to go.
But I don't know if it's fast enough. So there are alternatives like
SDL (in combination with GTK) and Gtk OpenGL toolkits.

Cheers, Andy