Re: GObject docs improvements

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 06:26:51AM -0500, Freddie Unpenstein wrote:

A point I miss in the tutorial is to mention the G_DEFINE_TYPE()-like
macros which should be prefered over manually defining a _get_type()
function whenever possible.

I never did get that G_DEFINE_TYPE() stuff at all...  It'd be good to see some clear documentation on it.

The G_DEFINE_TYPE() stuff is a macro that expands to the
common boilerplate code.  The description of

explains quite clearly what it expands to.  If you have this
and are able to write the boilerplate code manually, what
other documentation is needed?