Re: GObject docs improvements

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 06:26:51AM -0500, Freddie Unpenstein wrote:

A point I miss in the tutorial is to mention the G_DEFINE_TYPE()-like
macros which should be prefered over manually defining a _get_type()
function whenever possible.

I never did get that G_DEFINE_TYPE() stuff at all...  It'd be good to see some clear documentation on it.

The G_DEFINE_TYPE() stuff is a macro that expands to the
common boilerplate code.  The description of
G_DEFINE_TYPE_EXTENDED:

  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gobject/gobject-Type-Information.html#G-DEFINE-TYPE-EXTENDED:CAPS

explains quite clearly what it expands to.  If you have this
and are able to write the boilerplate code manually, what
other documentation is needed?

Yeti

--
Whatever.