Saving treeview state

If this is a stupid question, please feel free to flame me.

I have an app that has a treeview.  I would like to save some state
information about this treeview to restore the next session.  Namely I would
like to remember the column sizes and positions so the user doesnt have to
keep resetting them everytime he loads the app.

Is there a simple/obvious way to do this?  I've been googling for a few
hours now and nothing is jumping off my screen.

Thanks in advance.

Dave