Re: scrolledview

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 21:40 +0100, Mehmet YASAR wrote:

Hi,

I need some advice about scrolled views.

I have a gtkscrolledview containing a gtkvbox, I'm adding many
gtktextviews to the vbox. I'd like to select which gtktextview is
displayed when I call gtk_widget_show(gkvbox).

The problem I have is related to the fact that each widget have a
different height, so "size negociation" with the gtkvbox takes many steps.

I can't find the FINAL height of the gtkvbox (after all the widgets have
been added and their height allocated), so I am unable to scroll to the
correct position before gtk_widget_show.

If you have caused the GtkVBox to be Realized, meaning all the widget
have done their size negotiations, then to get the x/y position of the
desired GtkTextView - relative to the GtkVBox, you can try something
like this.

if ( GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED(gvbox) )
{
    GTK_WIDGET(gkvbox)->allocation.height;  /* this is the allocated
height */
    GTK_WIDGET(desired_gtktextview)->allocation.y; /* this would be your
scroll to point to display this widget */
                                                                                    /* this point is inside
the gvbox's height range */
}

Hope this helps