Re: Multi-threaded UI Freezes on GDK Call

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:52:23 +0100
G Hasse <gh raditex se> wrote:

The wrong thing is trying to do threads!

Why Why Why are all people doing this thread programing!
I am convinced that with a propper design of your application,
maybe in several processe, you don't need threads and your
problem will go away...

No, threads are not the problem. Not keeping ALL GUI-related things in ONE thread is the problem.

I may have been missing the point, but it seems that this is the core of the OP's troubles.

The problem with threads is that few beginners understand what they actually are.

--D.