Re: C vs C++ for GTK

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 16:48 +0000, Jon Harrop wrote:
On Saturday 24 November 2007 22:11, Patrick wrote:
I thought that C++ must be the way to go as it can do everything that C
can "plus plus" but some heavy hitters don't seem enthused with it,
Linus Torvalds in particular has been quoted as calling it a "horrible
language".

IIRC, Linus said that specifically in the context of systems programming.

My recommendation is to choose a garbage collected language for GUI work as it
makes everything so much easier. Lots of GCd languages have GTK bindings
these days.

Incidentally, has anyone tried GTK# from C# on Mono?
Yeah,

works great and easy to use.

Daniel.