Re: I can't understand the difference output of only a line differ

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 06:40 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 19:08 +0800, Binary Chen wrote:
On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 06:01 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 18:54 +0800, Binary Chen wrote:

But without the sleep() I will also not reach gtk_main(), but
the
window shows, why? What I am asking is this.

I'm guessing that it fills the drawing buffer and forces a flush.
That
is, with the sleep, given enough time, you will see the same
result.
You just need to be patient.

How long?

"Enough time".

Are you sure?

"I'm guessing".

Thanks.

To be more helpful, and hopefully you understand it, in the case without
the sleep, your loop is running over and over, very first.  So, what may
seem to you like immediate rendering of the window may actually not
happen before (for example) the 1000th iteration of the loop.

Now if you wait for the 1000th iteration of your loop with the sleep,
you should get the same result.  1000 being just a guess.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh