Displaying a (simple) list of strings

Hi,

I am just getting started with GTK+ programming using C. And after having spent a
few hours going through the GTK+ 2.0 tutorial, I am having a hard time understanding
and writing code to display a bunch of strings in a List (TreeView) widget.

Could someone help me out by posting sample code that simply displays a list of say
10 text strings in a top-level window?

I've looked through the source code of the gtk-demo app but the List and Tree
examples in it are more complex than what I need.

Also, how can I initially size the TreeView list widget so that it will display up
to 10 items (strings) even though no string items have been added to it?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I am using GTK+ 2.10.4 on CentOS 5 with gcc-4.1.2.

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs