Re: Difference between GdkPixbuf and GdkPixmap

Gianni Moschini wrote:
Basicly I'm developing a GtkDrawingArea based application. As far as I
understand, a GdkPixbuf is stored on the client, and a Pixmap on the
server.

Of course there are many more differences, but technically that's all
I need to know.

What is this program intended to do? Something that has to update the
frame often, like a video player? Or an image viewing app where things
don't change often.

The results were pretty slow. Good looking[1], but slow. I suppose
this is caused by the the client->server traffic for the pixbuf to be
drawn each frame.

What facility are you using for profiling? 'top'? Some other tool? Or
does it just 'feel' slower?

--
        -Mike Melanson