Re: Compiling GTK undefined references

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 10:24:48AM +0200, gtk rapp-informatik de wrote:
I have build new versions for glib , pango, cairo
and set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH to these
new Versions.
all the new versions are installed at /opt/glib /opt/pango
/opt/cairo

Compiling gtk results in an error linking queryimodules.c

./.libs/libgtk-x11-2.0.so undefined references
with a lot of symbols here only 2 as an example
g_bookmark_file_get_title
g-slice_alloc

configure found no too old packages for other needed libs

I what to test these new versions without overwriting
the versions of SuSE 10.1 for these.
Have I to build newer versions for other projects
or is another PATH setting missing

who knows?

Look at the linker command, you will probably see libtool
changing -lwhatever to explicit /usr/lib/libwhatever... I'm
not sure why exactly it thinks it has to do this (though
I have a suspicion removal of the .la files would `fix' it),
but the result is that system libraries are linked, not the
compiled ones.

What works, although it's annoying, is to build all the libs
in the stack to use the new glib, this probably means atk in
you case.  Also ensure make sure cairo is compiled first,
then pango, because the dependency is in this order.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/