Compiling GTK undefined references

Hello

I have build new versions for glib , pango, cairo
and set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH to these
new Versions.
all the new versions are installed at /opt/glib /opt/pango
/opt/cairo

Compiling gtk results in an error linking queryimodules.c

./.libs/libgtk-x11-2.0.so undefined references
with a lot of symbols here only 2 as an example
g_bookmark_file_get_title
g-slice_alloc

configure found no too old packages for other needed libs

I what to test these new versions without overwriting
the versions of SuSE 10.1 for these.
Have I to build newer versions for other projects
or is another PATH setting missing

who knows?

mfg
g.rapp

--
R=I+S  Rapp Informatik Systeme GmbH
      Rosenbühlstr. 24

PS:
Senden Sie mir bitte keine Anhänge in Microsoft (.DOC, .PPT) Format
Bitte lesen Sie  http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachmentsi.de.html
Please don't send me any attachment in Microsoft (.DOC, .PPT) format please
Read http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html