memory leaks observed in gtk app.

Hi,

I am working on a gtk application which when used continuously exhibits
memory leak. I have verified this by top output which shows continuous
increase in memory used by it. After analysing the problem with
valgrind, memprof and mpatrol, a couple of observations have been made:

1- program heavily uses gtk_main_iteration. memory debuggers show memory
leak in this function.

2- No references have been made to gtk objects from the program, still
it is opbserved that after destroying a window object it is still
referenced.

I am using gtk+ 2.4.13. Is there any chance of any gtk api function
creating a reference to an object which the caller has the
responsibility to clear? If yes, is there a list available for such
functions because the documentation does not specify any such thing.

Also, are there any know issues with using  gtk_main_iteration?

Thanks
Anurag

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be privileged and confidential, and
therefore, protected from disclosure. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer without copying or disclosing it.