Re: Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence #####)!

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 22:07 +0800, Gregory Hosler wrote:
That threads_enter/threads_leave doesn't look so bad, since I'm not
doing a lot of gtk withing my thread. Looks like it might be the way
to go for me.

Beware that you need to ensure that you call gdk_threads_enter() before
calling gtk_main(). That _is_ stated in the docs' examples but it's not
entirely obvious.

I wrote about it in some detail here:
http://research.operationaldynamics.com/blogs/andrew/software/gnome-desktop/gtk-thread-awareness.html

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Managing Director

Sydney    +61 2 9977 6866
New York  +1 646 472 5054
Toronto   +1 647 477 5603
London    +44 207 1019201

We are an operations engineering consultancy focusing on strategy,
organizational architecture, systems review, and change management
procedures: enabling successful use of open source in mission
critical enterprises, worldwide.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/