GTK cell renderer for button?

Hello,

I need a cell renderer that simply displays a button to trigger
a function related to the respective column.

I wonder why there is no such in GTK+ yet. Is there a particular
reason or did it just happen no one had the time/budget for this?

I've followed a recent hint on this list and looked at libgnome-db 2.99.
There are some cell renderers, but AFAIKS none for a button.

Any other hints where such a cell renderer might already have been
implemented?

All the best

        Jan