Re: How to make sure a symbol is present in the library used at run-time

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 12:48 +0200, Francesco Montorsi wrote:
Hi,
     I need to build an app which needs a symbol from Pango library
which exists only in some newer versions.

Generally, we dont ship binaries (or we only ship binaries that were
known to compile and run on a specific platform with its own profile of
libraries) so runtime checking this stuff is a big pain in the arse
that you probably dont need or want to maintain in your code.

I suggest you just add an AC_CHECK_FUNC() construct to your
configure.ac and write the conditional code out with preprocessor
directives.

Cheers,
                   -Tristan