GTK application slows down with installation of Java updates

Hi,

We've developed a GUI using GTK. There is a functionality that uses
timer in this GUI. Recently I've clicked on the pop-up that appears at
bottom-right of the screens, which says new java updates ready to
download. I've installed the updates. After that the application got
very slow when we access the functionality that uses timer. It happened
with all the machines where this combination existed. Can anyone guide
me in identifying the root cause of the problem or how to solve the
issue. I'm completely clueless.

Thanks and Regards

Sai