Re: Any automated interface / GUI Testing tool for GTK ?

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 16:14 -0600, Michael L Torrie wrote:
On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 02:36 +0530, rush ta wrote:
Thnx for the reply Michael...
I am looking for GUI testing ...
programmatically pressing button in a GUI on the screen !

Actually, here is something that may get you started:

http://search.cpan.org/~ctrondlp/X11-GUITest-0.21/GUITest.pm

Please keep your posts on the list.  Mainly because others can see it
and give their input.  I myself know of no such tool offhand.  I believe
you can accomplish some of this using the XTEST X server extension, but
it sounds like  complicated stuff.

Personally I don't see how automated testing of a GUI does anything
useful, other than proving the GUI toolkit works, which is not quite
what you're looking for.  I would think that code coverage tests and
unit tests would be of far greater value.  Also such testing promotes
good design.  Business logic should never be mixed in with GUI display
code.  Of course it's always possible to forget to connect a GUI signal
and thus have a button that's not working.

Anyway, perhaps someone else who has knowledge in this area can comment.