gtk notebook

Is it possible to put a list of non-modal gtk dialogs inside a gtk notebook?  I
get this error

Gtk-ERROR **: file gtkcontainer.c: line 2450 (gtk_container_propagate_expose):
assertion failed: (child->parent == GTK_WIDGET (container))

which makes me belive that I can not have a dialog inside of a notebook or
inside of a GtkWindow. I've done a lot of searches but can't seem to find a
solution or similar question.  Is this something that can be done?
Thanks,
Eric