Re: I lose in threads + GTK+, looking for help

I wrote:
You can't use GTK+ from multiple threads on Win32.

Reed Hedges writes:
Can you give some more details Tor? I've done it, so then maybe my
program is buggy and I don't know it yet :)

Search the list archives, this has been discussed several times ;)

Or are you actually just scheduling stuff to be executed in the main
thread from the other threads by using g_idle_add() etc?

Basically, calling some GTK+ APIs from multiple threads might work,
but calling others, or calling them at different times in the lifespan
of a GTK widget, certainly won't. (Either the API has no effect, or
you get a deadlock, or something else happens.) I am not going to do
any exhaustive testing to find out exactly what works and what not,
it's simpler to just state that it isn't supported and doesn't work in
general.

--tml